Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Last Links

Hello~ I'm in Japan now, so expect a few posts soon. This post is about saying goodbye~

 Last Links:

The last week before I left was basically a week of goodbye meetings x3: Goodbye to TomDev, Josh, and Saybry at Yo! Sushi, goodbye to Heatherence, Seemai, Sindy, Double Dawn, and Spickering at Chiquito (who gave me some lovely gifts along with Emma who was on holiday sadly and couldn't make it) and then saying goodbye to Jade, Demi, William and JOSH AGAIN because Josh has to be in my life all the time at EK. EK is very exciting okay. After going to EK, Demi and I ate dinner at McDonalds in Hamilton because we live the high life.

After saying goodbye to Demi it sort of hit me that I was going away for 10 months. I was upset before anyway, but I didn't cry in public because I was having fun at the time and not really thinking about going abroad. The next day was the day before I was to leave so I spent it being rather sad and panicked because I thought I wouldn't be able to play my Nintendo DS since the adapter I have doesn't work with the voltage and I couldn't find a voltage converter. It might seem silly to get upset over a DS, but playing video games is a hobby of mine and the only thing I could take was my DS so it was really upsetting to think about losing my hobby~ Edinburgh Uni provide you with a DSi to use but I still feel more comfortable with my own DS since it's...y'know, mine, and I don't have to worry about breaking it and having the wrath of Edinburgh Uni on me everytime I use it. However, I worked out I can charge it using the miraculous thing called a Power Monkey which charges your things using solar power, lol. Hopefully that will do because I didn't bring my DS plug with me...

I was also pretty sad because Satino. The day before I left when I was feeding him he kept giving me really cute looks and I felt really sad because I had to leave him soon and he wouldn't know (I know it sounds pretty sad since he's just a cat but I wonder if he'll miss me at all haha) I was crying as I let him out at night because I didn't want to say goodbye and didn't know if he'd be back in the morning...Okay so it probably sounds terrible that I cried saying goodbye to my cat but not when saying goodbye to my friends, but in my defence I was having a good time with them so I wasn't in the mood for crying and it hadn't sunk in I was leaving yet. I live with Satino and let him take up half my bed when I'm in it and got up at 3am once to let him in after a cat fight, I am clearly a really dedicated cat lady lol. However....he came back the next morning and promptly went to sleep in my bed. I was still reluctant to leave him, though.

Next blog shall be about the flight
Lauren Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment